Do you have a new eReader or tablet and want to know how to get library eBooks on it? We have put together this short help guide to get you started with downloading library eBooks – Your Guide to eReaders and eBooks.
I’m having a problem authorizing my Nook. People told me to delete the Adobe Digital Edition file on my Nook but there is no file there to delete! Help!
Nooks come pre-loaded with Adobe Digital Editions which is wonderful if you own a PC computer but if all you have is a MAC then you have a problem. In order to get your Nook to talk to you MAC you will need to find a PC computer. If you can’t find a neighbor with one, any library windows computer will work.
To delete the adobe-digital-editions folder on your Nook:
- Plug in your Nook to a windows PC.
- Go to Start
- Select Computer or My Computer
- Select MyNook drive and open the drive
- On the drive find the folder called.adobe-digital-editions
- Delete this folder and disconnect your Nook
- Plug your Nook into your MAC
- Open the program Adobe Digital Editions on your MAC and it should now see your Nook.
- Authorize it using your Adobe Digital Editions ID (your email address and password you created when you installed Adobe Digital Editions on your MAC)
Enjoy your Nook!
The new Nook model is more compact than the Nook Color with built-in Wi-Fi, 2GB of storage—expandable using the microSD slot, a weight of 7.48 ounces, and a battery life claim of two months on a single charge. Navigation is by both touch and side buttons with a “Fast Page” feature that allows scanning through the content to find a page or section.
This new device will work with Library eBooks from our eMedia Catalog.
To get the 1.2.0 software update immediately, you can manually download the software update to your computer at any time and then copy it onto your NOOK Color. Simply follow the steps below. If you choose to wait for an automatic download when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, updates will begin rolling out to devices over the next few days:
Manual Download Instructions
1. From your computer, click here for the software update file. Select Save and select Desktop as the location. Do NOT modify or change the downloaded file’s name in any way. Do NOT open the *.ZIP file.
2. Tap Settings on your NOOK Color’s Quick Nav Bar, then tap Device Info and make sure your NOOK Color battery charge is at 20% or more.
3. Connect your NOOK Color to your computer using the USB cable that came with your NOOK Color. A new, removable drive should show up in My Computer (Mac users will see the NOOK Color drive appear on the desktop or in devices). You should also see a “USB Mode” message on your NOOK Color screen.
4. From your computer, drag and drop the downloaded *.ZIP file onto the main directory of the NOOK Color drive. Do NOT unzip the file. You should not create a new folder on the NOOK Color drive or add the file to any other existing folder.
5. Eject or Safely Remove the NOOK Color drive after the file transfer is complete.
6. Your NOOK Color will automatically recognize the file after a few minutes or when it goes to sleep mode, and proceed to install the updates.
7. Please do not turn off your NOOK Color during the installation process.
8. Once the installation is completed, your NOOK Color will automatically restart and go to the Home screen.
9. On the bottom left status bar a green “n” will appear. Tap on it; the software has been successfully updated.
NOOK Color must remain turned on while the update is being installed. Once the software is installed, NOOK Color will reboot itself back to the Home screen. To verify you have the latest update, tap Settings from the Quick Nav Bar, tap Device Info, then tap About Your NOOK Color and check to see that your software version is 1.2.0.
Congratulations, your NOOK Color has been updated! If you need additional help, please call Digital Customer Service support at 1-800-843-2665.