Problem: I had a patron yesterday who had transferred a WMA to her iPhone, using a PC – a thing she’d done “hundreds” of times before – but this time she couldn’t find the book on her phone.
After all the standard checks, I found a support thread that suggested that when Apple updates the IOS, it can confuse the existing download of iTunes – even if it’s the most current version of iTunes.
Solution: Their solution was to uninstall iTunes and reinstall it.
I had the patron uninstall and reinstall iTunes, and it worked! All her existing iTunes content was still there. (She didn’t lose it when she uninstalled.) When she re-transferred the book, it showed up perfectly.
How do I delete audiobooks from my iPod?
1. Connect your Apple device and make sure iTunes is open on your computer.
2. Left click on your iPod’s name under ’Devices’ in the left hand column of iTunes.
3. Select the ‘Summary’ tab in the right hand pane of iTunes.
4. Under ‘Options’ make sure you’ve checked the ‘Manually manage music’
5. On the left, under ’Devices’, click the arrow to expand the contents view for your Apple device.
6. Select ‘Music’.
7. On the right, select the file(s) you want to delete and press the ‘delete’ key on your keyboard.
8. If prompted, click ‘Remove’.
Overdrive eBook titles (either ePUB, PDF DRM or MobiPocket eBook) require either Mobipocket Reader or Adobe Digital Editions to both view and download. However, there is another software application for reading a non-DRM e-books (such as the Gutenberg Project ebooks) on the Apple iTouch, iPhone or iPad.
Stanza is an ePub software reader and converter that is fast, light-weight, and simple. It provides a highly customizable reading experience, with the ability to quickly change text size (with a slider in the settings, or using pinch and reverse pinch), adjust line and margin spacing, bookmarks, and choose from many different fonts. It is a free application available at the iTunes store.
Additionally, is has a Get books option for searching for free books from sites such as Project Gutenberg, Harlequin, All Romance eBooks, Feedbooks and more.
We’re excited to announce the release of OverDrive® Media Console™ for iPhone®/iPad® v2.2.
With this release, iPad users will now enjoy custom designed graphics whether they are reading an EPUB eBook, listening to an MP3 audiobook, or browsing the OverDrive Media Console Library.
Additionally, the app now supports landscape and portrait orientation, and a new calendar icon displays the number of days left until the title expires.
The system requirements haven’t changed. The free app can be installed on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch® devices running iOS (v4.0 or newer). Those with OverDrive Media Console already installed will be notified that an update is available.
The updated app is available from:
How can I change my default lending period on my OverDrive Mobile App such as an iPhone?
Your mobile app will only show your default lending period. In order for a different lending period to appear in your mobile app you will need to change it using your computer.
- On your computer access the eMedia Catalog
- Select My eMedia Account and login
- Select Lending Periods
- Select the lending period for each format you want to change.
- Click Done