We recently noticed patrons calling about receiving an error message when trying to download eAudio Books using OverDrive Media Console (OMC). Some problems also have a screen they can’t seem to get rid of which is not good either. Here is a suggestion which we have found works sometimes.
- On your device, open the device’s Settings
- Find the settings related to your browser, iOS devices will be Safari; Kindle Fire is just Web, Nexus is Chrome
- Look for Clear History or Data and do it
- Look for Clear Cookies and do it
- Some devices also have Clear cache so do that also.
- After clearing all of these, open the OMC app on your device
- Look for Home Menu for the OMC app. On most devices it is three lines in the upper left corner. (If you’re using the legacy version of OMC app, you won’t have a Home menu. Tap the Menu button instead).
- Select Settings from the list
- Scroll down till you find GET BOOKS, delete the App Cookies
- Next find PRIVACY, Clear History
- Now try re- downloading your eAudio Book.
If you still have problems give the Virtual Library a call 702.507.6300 Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to help you resolve the issue.