eBook titles do expire automatically on your device, but you will still have an empty book icon or title on your Nook (empty, since the book has been returned). So how do you get rid of these empty files?
- Plug your Nook into your computer and turn it on.
- On your computer, open Adobe Digital Editions, this brown icon on the left side of your desktop.
- Your Nook should show up on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Nook and the titles you had checked out but are now expired or returned, will show up in a row on the right side of the screen.
- Put your cursor to the left of the title, a small arrow will appear.
- Click the arrow once and at least 2 options will appear.
- Click DELETE THIS TITLE.
The empty book icon will now be erased from your Nook.