How to enjoy audiobooks with OverDrive’s mobile app for Android. You can use OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for Android to enjoy MP3 audiobooks on your device.
What you need:
Listening to audiobooks or music
- To enjoy a title using OMC, you have to install our app and download a title.
- Tap a title to open the player. It starts playing automatically.
Note: Some versions of Android don’t have the Action Bar at the top of the screen. To access the menu, tap the Menu button on your device.
Tap a part to play it. Parts that haven’t been downloaded show up with blank lines.
Tap a bookmark to play it. You can also tap and hold a bookmark for an options menu.
Tap the Menu button then Details
From here, you can share what you’re listening to with your friends with the Share button.
Tap a downloaded file to play it. You can also tap the buttons to the right of a file to delete or download it.
Problem: I had a patron yesterday who had transferred a WMA to her iPhone, using a PC – a thing she’d done “hundreds” of times before – but this time she couldn’t find the book on her phone.
After all the standard checks, I found a support thread that suggested that when Apple updates the IOS, it can confuse the existing download of iTunes – even if it’s the most current version of iTunes.
Solution: Their solution was to uninstall iTunes and reinstall it.
I had the patron uninstall and reinstall iTunes, and it worked! All her existing iTunes content was still there. (She didn’t lose it when she uninstalled.) When she re-transferred the book, it showed up perfectly.
How do I delete audiobooks from my iPod?
1. Connect your Apple device and make sure iTunes is open on your computer.
2. Left click on your iPod’s name under ’Devices’ in the left hand column of iTunes.
3. Select the ‘Summary’ tab in the right hand pane of iTunes.
4. Under ‘Options’ make sure you’ve checked the ‘Manually manage music’
5. On the left, under ’Devices’, click the arrow to expand the contents view for your Apple device.
6. Select ‘Music’.
7. On the right, select the file(s) you want to delete and press the ‘delete’ key on your keyboard.
8. If prompted, click ‘Remove’.
Why does my eAudio book open in Open Office?
My eAudio Book opens in Open Office instead of OverDrive Media Console.
Open Office uses the file extension .odm for a word processing document, therefore there is a conflict between Overdrive’s audio type .odm and Open Offices file type .odm. You will need to change which program opens an .odm file.
Please try this procedure and proceed with caution when changing the configuration of your computer.
For Windows Vista and System 7.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Set your Default Programs > Click ‘OK’
- Select Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Under the ‘Extensions’ heading, select ‘.odm’ and click the ‘Change program’ button
- Select Overdrive Media Console from the ‘Recommended Programs’ list
- Click OK.
- Click Close