This tip is for your EMAIL Account Settings for your user account on Zinio.com.
If you are receiving unwanted email vouchers and promotions from the commercial Zinio.com site then you need to update your settings to NOT receive email offers and solicitations from the consumer side of Zinio.com. Zinio.com email communications require an opt-out step for the on online and mobile app account settings.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your Zinio Online account at Zinio.com
- Sign into your account
- Scroll down to account settings (located on right side of page about a quarter of the way down) and click Account Settings
- Select Preferences
- Un-check LET ZINIO DECIDE and any other update settings.
- Scroll down Click save changes
If you are using an app you may want to read Zinio App Tips and Tricks for additional tips.
OMC 3.0 was just launched for the iOS and Android devices. It has a very different look but one people are finding they like. It follows standards used by other apps. We have put together a quick Help for OMC 3 booklet, should you have some questions.
How to enjoy audiobooks with OverDrive’s mobile app for Android. You can use OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for Android to enjoy MP3 audiobooks on your device.
What you need:
Listening to audiobooks or music
- To enjoy a title using OMC, you have to install our app and download a title.
- Tap a title to open the player. It starts playing automatically.
Note: Some versions of Android don’t have the Action Bar at the top of the screen. To access the menu, tap the Menu button on your device.
Tap a part to play it. Parts that haven’t been downloaded show up with blank lines.
Tap a bookmark to play it. You can also tap and hold a bookmark for an options menu.
Tap the Menu button then Details
From here, you can share what you’re listening to with your friends with the Share button.
Tap a downloaded file to play it. You can also tap the buttons to the right of a file to delete or download it.
If you have authorized multiple eReaders and computers with Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID, you may get an error message saying “Too Many Activations” when you try to authorize again. This is because Adobe puts a limit on the number of times you can use an Adobe ID to authorize a computer or eReader. You can, however, request additional authorizations.
Here’s how to request more authorizations:
- Go to http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal
- Sign in with your Adobe ID and password.
- Under “Get Support,” in the “Technical Support” tab:
- Under “Choose issue type” select “Using a product or service.”
- Note if Chat is available you may want to try it for faster service. Tell them you need additional authorizations.
- Under “Choose product,” first select “Additional Products,” then select “Adobe Digital Editions.”
- Fill in the online form, describing the problem and asking for additional authorizations. You should get an e-mail from Adobe in a couple of days letting you know that they’ve reset your authorizations. You can then re-authorize your eReader in Adobe Digital Editions.
Did you know there is an app for OverDrive Media Console for your Nook Color, Nook Tablet or Kindle Fire?
To get the app on your Nook Color or Nook Tablet read Getting the Nook Tablet App. Follow the steps and you’ll be downloading directly to your device in a few minutes.
Why should you use the OverDrive Media Console app? For Nook Tablet users it’s a lot faster and easier to get eBooks. You do need WiFi access. If you don’t have WiFi in your home you may use the free WiFi at any of the Libraries, Starbucks, McDonald’s or your other favorite coffeehouse.
To get the app on your Kindle Fire read Kindle Fire Users Rejoice.
Why should you use the OverDrive Media Console app? This app allows you to download ePUB formatted eBooks and MP3 Audio Books to your Kindle Fire. Without it you can not get ePUB formatted eBooks. Some publishers do not allow us to offer their books in Kindle eBook format but will allow ePUB format so it opens up a larger choice of eBooks to you. Also, all the selecting and downloading is down in the app which is actually easier than sending the eBook to Amazon first before syncing it to your device.
If you are using a Kindle App on an iPad or other iOS device, you will not be able to read any Kindle eBooks published by Penguin. However, you can read the ePub format of the Penguin eBook using the OverDrive Media Console and not the Kindle app.
You can easily identify a Penguin eBook for Kindle eReaders in the catalog. It has a description after the Kindle icon which reads: “Kindles and free Kindle apps via USB only“. In the title below, if you have an iPad select EPUB format and download it using the OverDrive Media Console for the iPad which can be downloaded for free from your app store.