Whenever you use a new computer or device for eBooks from our eMedia Catalog ( OverDrive), you will be prompted to ‘Authorize’. Follow the instructions to complete the steps.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions.
The ‘Setup Assistant’ dialog box is displayed.
- Click ‘Continue’.
The ‘Authorize Computer’ screen is displayed.
- Under ‘Authorize Computer’, enter the email address and password for your Adobe ID.
Note that if you are using a NOOK® that you have registered to make purchases at Barnes & Noble®, your device is already authorized. You should use the same email address and password to authorize Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
If you do not have an Adobe ID…
- Click ‘get an Adobe ID online’.
- Follow the instructions to sign up for an Adobe ID. (Note: Use your email address and any password you want. You must do this in order to use the Library’s ebooks.)
- Return to the Activation screen. If needed, reopen the ‘Activation’ screen from the Library view of Adobe Digital Editions by going to Library > Authorize Computer….
- Enter the email address and password for your Adobe account.
- Click ‘Activate’.
Your computer is authorized with your Adobe ID.
- Click ‘Finish’ to close the ‘Setup Assistant’ dialog box.
Important: If you would like to transfer an eBook from Adobe Digital Editions to an eBook reader, be sure to authorize your eBook reader using the same Adobe ID.
For a visual of the process view the video – Get Started with Adobe Digital Editions on the How-To-Video tab above.