To get the 1.2.0 software update immediately, you can manually download the software update to your computer at any time and then copy it onto your NOOK Color. Simply follow the steps below. If you choose to wait for an automatic download when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, updates will begin rolling out to devices over the next few days:
Manual Download Instructions
1. From your computer, click here for the software update file. Select Save and select Desktop as the location. Do NOT modify or change the downloaded file’s name in any way. Do NOT open the *.ZIP file.
2. Tap Settings on your NOOK Color’s Quick Nav Bar, then tap Device Info and make sure your NOOK Color battery charge is at 20% or more.
3. Connect your NOOK Color to your computer using the USB cable that came with your NOOK Color. A new, removable drive should show up in My Computer (Mac users will see the NOOK Color drive appear on the desktop or in devices). You should also see a “USB Mode” message on your NOOK Color screen.
4. From your computer, drag and drop the downloaded *.ZIP file onto the main directory of the NOOK Color drive. Do NOT unzip the file. You should not create a new folder on the NOOK Color drive or add the file to any other existing folder.
5. Eject or Safely Remove the NOOK Color drive after the file transfer is complete.
6. Your NOOK Color will automatically recognize the file after a few minutes or when it goes to sleep mode, and proceed to install the updates.
7. Please do not turn off your NOOK Color during the installation process.
8. Once the installation is completed, your NOOK Color will automatically restart and go to the Home screen.
9. On the bottom left status bar a green “n” will appear. Tap on it; the software has been successfully updated.
NOOK Color must remain turned on while the update is being installed. Once the software is installed, NOOK Color will reboot itself back to the Home screen. To verify you have the latest update, tap Settings from the Quick Nav Bar, tap Device Info, then tap About Your NOOK Color and check to see that your software version is 1.2.0.
Congratulations, your NOOK Color has been updated! If you need additional help, please call Digital Customer Service support at 1-800-843-2665.